Do you enjoy backpacking? Getting out into the wild, away from it all? Are you self-isolating?
You know that going backpacking calls for some serious organization for a successful trip. There is so much to take into consideration – what to bring, what to eat, where to go, how much everything weighs, and more.
The last time you went, did you have a checklist?
Did you take everything you needed?
Do you know how much each thing you bring weighs?
Did you forget something that you want to remember this time?
Are you prepared with ideas for meals?
Are there things that worked and didn’t work last time that you need to remember?
Do you remember exactly where and which way you went? Things you saw?
Places that you camped that were good or bad?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then awesome! You are a backpacking wizard! If you answered no, then here is a solution!
The Backpacking Journal by Jan W Designs has everything you need to prepare for a successful trip. This digital download, printable PDF has:
• A Backpacking Record where you can record all the details of your trip, including dates, trail name(s), distance, weather, terrain, difficulty, locations, companions, GPS coordinates, and type of camping, and more.
• A Trail Journal for when you come back with prompts for your thoughts on the trip, pros and cons of the trail, if you would do it again and your observations.
• A Trail Map/Sketch page for drawing the trail or attaching a map.
• Gear Checklists for all the stuff you need to take, separated into categories like Sleep, Cooking, Clothes, First Aid, Personal, Miscellaneous and Other – which includes items for your pet. It has columns to check off if you have packed the item and how much each item weighs.
• A handy Trail Notes page that can be folded and put in a baggie with a small pencil or pen (not included) to take notes each day on distance, terrain, etc. so you can bring it home to log in the Backpacking Record.
• Meal Planning pages so you can plan your food for each day of the trip, with a section for ingredients and item weight. Fold the page(s) up and put them in the Trip Notes baggie so you know what you planned to eat each meal.
• A Trip Photos page to put your photos on - print as many pages as you need to put all your photos on (yes- that means they should come off your phone or camera into the physical world!).
Put the Backpacking Journal into a binder to keep at home as a reference for future trips or as a memory journal to read later. Get notebook dividers (not included) and use them to separate trips in your binder. Print however many pages you need as you need them!
This is a great resource for those who want to hit the trails, travel the world and embrace nature.
A great trip starts with careful planning. Try the Backpacking Journal and make yours a trip to remember - in a good way!
This is a print-at-home, digital download of a PDF file. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader for free here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/ if you do not already have it.
For the original customer’s personal use only! You may only make copies for yourself.
Not for resale or distribution in any form, physical or digital. This work is protected by copyright.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
You may contact me through Etsy or email me at email@example.com or by mail at:
Jan Williams, 612 Chandler Mill Rd., Avondale, PA, 19311 USA